CURRENTLY, THE TEAM IS COMPLETE FOR 2020
We are entering the sixth growing season on our own land, and have over 20 years of farming experience between us. We like to say our produce is “unconventionally grown” as no herbicides, pesticides, fungicides or chemical fertilizers are used. On our 8 acres of cultivated soil cover cropping is huge, as is intercropping and experimenting to build soil, combat pests, and keep learning. We grow salad greens, edible flowers, standard mixed vegetable offerings and whatever stirs our interest in January. We have laying hens and raise a few animals to keep it interesting. Our outlets are two farmers markets and a handful of restaurants.
We are suckers for things to look good, though one of our mottos is: if it doesn’t taste good it’s not worth doing.
The Jobs: We are a small team- everyone is integral to the farm operating smoothly and the crops being tended to. You will have our full attention if you have questions or ideas to share. Pay is $13 hourly, lunch is provided, and produce and eggs are available at no charge.
*Looking to fill one full time position (4-5 days a week) May-Oct with part time work going thru Nov. Work will include but isn’t limited to: harvesting produce, washing produce, sanitation of harvest and post harvest containers, seeding, transplanting, trellising, weeding, orchard and greenhouse work. Monday – Friday 40 hr. work week.
*Looking to fill one part time position (2-3 days a week) May-Oct. This position is primarily a harvest and wash position Monday-Wednesday. Other field work will be involved with seasonal shifts.
The preferred applicants will be:
* Reliable with a commitment for the full season.
* Have a strong work ethic with attention to detail, efficiency, and ongoing improvement at performing repetitive tasks.
* Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
* Must be able to repeatedly lift 50lbs.
* The ability to work with others and alone.
* An active interest in farming, eating, working outside, and/or growing things.
* Willingness to take direction and the initiative to develop better systems.
* Proactive about communicating work-related information and personal needs.
* A sense of humor is always appreciated. Sometimes farming is tedious and often repetitive- one needs to be able to laugh it off or turn on music/podcast and get on with the day.
Please email us with a resume, which position you are interested in, 2-3 references and any other relevant info.
We are happy to provide you our references of previous employees and answer your questions.